Relieving Stress for Health and Wellbeing
This treatment is a powerful method of Reflexology due to the close proximity of the face to the brain and cranial nerves. The aim of Facial Reflexology is to help the body as a whole function at its optimal level. It also promotes the production of new skin tissue and improves the tone of the skin.
Will Facial Reflexology help me?
Facial Reflexology focuses on pressure points on the face which help improve circulation, nerve conduction and relieves tension in the facial tissue. The Bergman Method has been developed over the last 20 years working with therapists around the world. It is based on Zone therapy which is used in modern Reflexology. It is used to help the body restore its natural balance.
- Reduces the effects of stress helping with
- Anxiety and depression
- Digestive problems
- Improving emotional and mental wellbeing
- Helps relieve sinusitis/congestion
As with all treatments there may be occasions when the reflexologist advises against a treatment so it is worth contacting the therapist to discuss whether a treatment is suitable for you. Facial Reflexology should not be used as an alternative to seeking medical advice.
What does a treatment involve?
A full medical history is needed to help the reflexologist advise on the treatment required. A consent form is signed in this process and the information given is strictly confidential. The treatment is non- invasive and depending on the type of reflexology the therapist will apply gentle pressure with their thumbs, fingers and hands to the face, arms neck and ears. Neal's Yard essential facial oils are used unless the client has a known allergy and in this instance a suitable alternative oil will be used. Overall, the treatment should be relaxing. After a few treatments most people experience a sense of well- being and relaxation. Some people may experience a short period of feeling mild tiredness, thirsty, a mild headache and runny nose. These are normal reactions and should pass within 24-48 hours.
- After your treatment it is important to drink plenty of water
- Avoid make up if possible for an hour after the treatment
- Try and rest to allow the body time to selfheal
- Avoid stimulants such as tea, coffee and alcohol and avoid eating a heavy meal for at least an hour after treatment
- Be careful if driving as reactions may be slower
- Try and get some exercise and eat a healthy diet
- Facial Reflexology has a cumulative effect and often the full effects can be seen after 4-6 sessions